Water Operator Job Available
Responsible for assisting with the treatment and production of potable water.
- Collects and performs Water Quality Tests
- Performs calculations for chemical additions; fills and adjusts chemical feeder
- General maintenance obligations
- Troubleshoots equipment and process control problems
- Assists with minor maintenance of feed pumps, instrumentation, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Basic computer knowledge
Conditions of Employment
- Provide proof of High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License prior to employment
- Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
- Must pass a physical examination
- TCEQ Grade "D" Water License obtained within six months of employment
- TCEQ Grade "C" Water License obtained within three years of employment
- Pay : $16.00-$20.00 depending on qualifications
- Medical Insurance 100%
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
This position will include occasional labor intensive obligations involving repetitive standing, stooping, bending, squatting, walking, and lifting of weights up to 50 pounds unassisted and assistance should be sought for weight in excess of that amount. Climbing in and out of trenches, climbing tanks, working around heavy equipment, negotiating rough terrain, areas of loose rock, and working in confined spaces is required. Relies on senses of smell, hearing, and sight to identify and evaluate unsafe conditions, irregularities and malfunctions.
Conduct and/or supervise at managements discretion the performance of repair and maintenance of buried water lines and other associated facilities and equipment used to produce and distribute drinking water including the operation of hand and power tools associated with this work. After obtaining the D water license on call duties will be required.
Other obligations include general maintenance and cleaning of shop and production plants and other facilities.